Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I have an Apartment!

Today I signed a contract for an apartment and did a wire transfer of my first payments for it and emailed copies of both to my real estate agent.  So now I officially have a place to live when I arrive in Constanta.  I'll be able to move in on the 29th when I get to the city.  It's really reassuring to know where I'll be.  It's right on the beach and looks really nice!  I'm really pleased with it so far.  Of course, I haven't seen it in person yet, but hopefully it can't be that far off, right?

Today I also sent out a box of DVDs, books, and games I'll be using to teach my classes.  One of the books I ordered online didn't arrive yet, but I decided it wasn't worth it to delay sending all the other materials and risk them not getting to my university in time for the start of classes.  When the last book arrives, I'll just stick it in my suitcase.

This Saturday is my going away party.  I'm excited to see so many of my friends and family, but also sad, because I know I won't see some of them until Christmas and others until June.  My sister and i went to the dollar store last night and got a bunch of blue, yellow, and red decorations, so everything is in the colors of the Romanian flag.

My departure is sneaking up on me, but I haven't started panicking yet.  My Romanian needs a lot of improvement, but I'm pretty confident that I won't get terribly lost and confused, so I'll survive!


Here are a few images of my apartment:

3 comments:

  1. This is a good common sense Blog. Very helpful to one who is just finding the resources about this part. It will certainly help educate me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just couldn’t leave your website before telling you that we really enjoyed the quality information you offer to your visitors… Will be back often to check up on new posts.

    ReplyDelete